My Thoughts on One Spring Night so far...

One Spring Night
a.k.a 봄밤
More info on IMDB | 2019|

Yoo Ji Ho (Jung Hae In), a pharmacist and a single dad, meets Lee Jeong In (Han Ji Min).  Of course, things are not easy for Ji Ho since he needs to work for his child. Lee Jeong In has her share of problems too. Her dad is insistent that she should marry her longtime boyfriend. Despite her boyfriend's impressive credentials, she decides to weigh her options.

Will Jeong In decide to get married? Will Ji Ho give love a chance?





You can tell by now that I am addicted to One Spring Night. If you haven't read my review on the 1st episode, click here. Anyway, I want to continue on and talk about some of my favorite scenes so far. I need to let these feelings out because My heart CANNOT handle it anymore! Seriously, each episode is heartbreaking yet I yearn for more. It's a long agony to wait for a week just to see what happens next.



I'm so invested on One Spring Night that I can't get it off my mind. There's just something so special about Ahn Pan Seok's latest masterpiece. The plot is simple yet so beautiful. The characters live in their small little worlds yet you can feel the powerful emotions. 

There isn't much excitement in to the characters' lives - they work, they go about their usual routine, and they continue living their lives like most of us. Personally, I am amazed with the flow of story. Nothing much is happening, but you could see that the 2 main leads are slowly getting emotionally attached to each other. Applause to Jung Hae In and Han Ji Min because I could see their characters come to life. Such great acting!




Can we talk about this library scene on episode 3? My gosh. There was no dialogue, but every single time, I think about it I smile like an idiot. The scene is engraved in my mind. Ahn Pan Seok sure makes the ordinary locations extraordinary. The cinematography and art direction proves that there is beauty in the simplest of things.



Remember this scene on episode 1 where he handed her a pair of chopsticks? That's the thing about this show: it emphasizes heavily on the little things. They may be talking about nothing, but it slowly adds up to the bigger picture. Before you know it, those small talk scenes make a big impact. I guess that's why I love it so much. This is what happens in real life, you know. One Spring Night highlights the many scenes that a lot of people experience in their daily lives.

I love how it shows the realistic approach of starting a relationship. It is lengthy and it will get messy at some point. AND THAT IS WHAT THE WRITERS ARE TRYING TO POINT OUT. Jeong In now thinks she is ''betraying'' her boyfriend, and conflicting emotions starts to creep in. I want Jeong In to know that a change of heart is NOT betraying Gi Seok. 




Jeong In is really torn between ending something she's used to for 7 years or starting a completely new experience. It's up to her now if she decides to take a leap of faith. It just makes me sad to see that she thinks she's the evil person here because she had a change of heart. 

All our emotions will change just like the seasons. Besides, it takes two people to cheat. Ji Ho knows she's in a relationship, and yet he continues to pursue her. Ugh FORBIDDEN LOVE, but I still ship them 100%. I hope Jeong In will break up with Gi Seok very soon before things get out of hand. I just don't like it that even Jeong In's father wants her to marry for his own selfish reasons. He wants to save his own face, and strengthen his ties with Gi Seok's parents



Ji Ho has been more straightforward in the recent episode. Basing from the teaser for the upcoming episode, it looks like Jeong In and Gi Seok might finally break up. We will see how Jeong In and Ji Ho are going to resist their intense feelings. After watching each episode, I can feel their intensity too. I don't know how I'm going to survive until 16 episodes. I feel like everything can go wrong anytime, and it will definitely break my heart.

Seeing Jeong In and Ji Ho pains me. I ship them so hard. I hope they will have some happy moments too, and  some relationship buildup in the coming episode. Ahn Pan Seok, please don't break them apart. They deserve to be happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS